Tuesday 8 May 2012

10 Perfumes, 10 days

As most of you know that Shoppers Drug Mart currently has a perfume sample box containing 10 different perfume samples.  Unfortunately, they aren't all new scents, however, seems like a perfect opportunity to try them all  by sampling 1 scent every day for the next ten days.  Of course, the sample scents are in these tiny bottles that you have to carefully pull the tiny cap off without spilling the entire fragrance.  That my friends, is the true challenge

Having said that, the first scent I present you with is Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift.  The scent contains top notes of freesia, berries, and apple blossom.  The main notes are honeysuckle with white orchid, finishing off with a warm musk, golden amber and peach.  I have to admit, I'm a fan of charms and like the touch of the charms hanging from the cap of the bottle.  The bottle is purple with rustic gold writing matching the cap and the charms.  After accomplishing that major task of opening the sample bottle, I poured as much of the scent I possibly can without letting it slip through my fingers then quickly patting Wonderstruck on both sides of my neck, wrists, and on my chest.  Throughout the day, I was constantly checking the potency of the scent and it was a nice, soft, sweet smell.  That kind where you'll have to suck the skin until it's in your nostrils in order to properly smell the ingredients.  Nevertheless, it is a lovely smell, especially for those who are looking for scents to mesh well into the skin without letting anyone know that you are wearing a fragrance.  It's definitely a scent I will wear again but not if I want to make an impression, only if I wanted to keep the fact that I was wearing a perfume a secret.


A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.
-William Hazlitt



No comments:

Post a Comment