Tuesday 21 August 2012

L.I.L.Y. #9 - WISH I HADN'T

Stella Mccartney's L.I.L.Y - Should be called Dandelions
Unfortunately, I had the privilege of wearing this odour at a bar-b-que.  Okay, let me back up a bit.  The bottle... the bottle is remarkable.  I couldn't stop caressing the smooth bumps on the lilac circle carrying the fragrance, surrounded by a thin square leaving its corner open for a look out.  The cap if formed with equally shaped triangles, alternating from being upside down and right side up.  When I took a sniff from the container, the scent was actually decent and smelt a little like the flower lily of the valley, that is until I found myself encircled by many others at an outdoor bar-b-que and felt subconscience about the way I smelt.  The more I smelt this stench, the more I thought it resembled unwanted weeds in a manicured lawn.  Seems like the top notes of Black Truffle and Black Pepper along with Pink Pepper and White Musk took over the middle notes parting from Lily of the Valley into a different lawn.  Oak moss and Patchouli, not sure if they play any part as base notes but they said it does.  It's also said that L.I.L.Y stand for, Linda, I Love You.  Maybe if Stella focused more on smelling lie lilies and not different colours of peppers, it might have actually smelt like lilies.
Very sentimental meaning, very attractive bottle, very disappointing smell.  

"Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience."
-Randolph Bourne


No comments:

Post a Comment